News: We are running at a timeline of 3 to 4 weeks ahead for placement instead of our usual 7-10 days.
Briefly: Circulation of the daily commentary is approximately 60,000 people in various parts of the mortgage and real estate field, and related industries. It tends to be forwarded, which we don’t track, although I assume that not everyone reads it every day. There are six basic ways to advertise:
- The first is a regular 150-word commentary ad for a specific job or for jobs, or a product across a wide territory: $545. Many companies like the publicity, and to show the industry they are doing well and expanding.
- It is also the cost ($545) of a 150-word “blind” ad where the company is not mentioned by name and the resumes go to Anjelica and she will forward them and respond to applicants. (Companies often run these if they are replacing someone or want to stay under the radar.)
- The third is through a bulk deal:
Option 1: $495/ad for three-five commentary ads
Option 2: $475/ad for six-eight commentary ads
Option 3: $455/ad for nine or more commentary ads
- is through a web banner ad: $2,150 for an entire year. It includes a banner ad on our site and four commentary ads throughout the year which, at $545×4, pays for itself. The ad goes onto www.robchrisman.com, where it is archived forever. (One can also see previous examples by scanning the archive section and looking for “Mortgage jobs.”) The ad is also placed at www.LenderNews.com where it is archived, grouped in the jobs section, and kept for 60 days. More ads can be purchased during the twelve months at bulk rates.
- A “Company Spotlight” ad for $500: This opportunity highlights another side of your business that allows our readers to get to know you better. The company fills out five Q&A’s carefully crafted by Rob and myself. This ad will run on Saturday mornings at the top and should be 400 words or less. A template of the questions will be sent to you. As a note, this isn’t a recruiting message, but more of an opportunity to show how your company helps society, borrowers, and employees in the industry.
- Sponsoring the daily podcast for a week. A podcast is produced daily based on the daily Commentary, but with added news and interviews. The sponsor is mentioned in the lead paragraph a few times during the week, and writes the 30 second sponsorship announcement at the beginning and end of each podcast. (To listen to the audio version of today’s commentary, please click here.) Contact Robbie Chrisman at [email protected] for information.
Commentary Ad Specs: 150 words or less and 4-5 sentences in paragraph form (the what’s, who’s, where’s kind of thing – anything that sets you apart). Please provide an email link for new hire mentions or a contact name for hiring managers (please no generic emails).
More info about Commentary Placements
A job or product ad, such as “We are searching for a new CFO in our Denver office…or “We are looking for an MI account executive in Missouri…” is $545. Discounts are available for three or more placements if think you may be placing more ads over the next several months.
Alternatively, you can place an ad for jobs or products over a wide geographic range, or a blind ad, for $545. A “blind ad” is where the company is not mentioned by name and the resumes come to us and we forward them and respond to applicants. (Companies often run these if they are replacing someone, or want to stay “under the radar.”)
Both rates are much better than the 33% of the 1st year’s salary that outside recruiters often charge.
Please allow 3-4 weeks lead time from the date you submit your ad to the date it will post.
To place a job ad, please use the form below. Job ad questions may be directed to [email protected].
To receive analytics or constant contact reports please indicate “yes” on the form below
and on the day after your commentary runs, please fill out
the form online here to determine which reports you need. Thanks!